I suggest you ...

Receive partial PO's

The ability to receive a partial Purchase order and the remaining balance on the PO remains open. The only way to receive partial now is to delete the back ordered items and create a new PO

1,201 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now a "feature", if you wish to call it that. Like most newer features, the new partial PO receiving leaves much to be desired. To use it, you start a bill (unfortunately STILL the only way to increment inventory count), choose the vendor, then on the far right you choose and "add" an open PO that's associated with this vendor. Next ALL line items are moved into the bill. Choose the line items which you're NOT receiving and click the trash can. Then in the pop-up window select the option to delete the line item, NOT the unlink option. When you save the bill, the PO is then marked partial in the rest of QBO. Next time you enter a bill from this same vendor, the PO and remaining unreceived line items will be on the right side of the screen again.

This new feature is VERY limited, and not particularly easy to use since there are no notifications or markings like found in other accounting/inventory systems, and is missing other options like others have mentioned below.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inability to apply partial purchase order items to a bill is beyond words. This is draining too too too much valuable work time from our business.

• RahelRahel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. 3 requests:
        1-ability to apply a $ amount against the open PO instead of just quantity amount.
        2-a report showing PO's by job
        3-even better, adding a column showing open POs to the income / expense by client report !!!

• NevaNeva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto all comments - should have been part of the basic program!

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this? I thought this was suppose to have been implemented a few months ago. Updates would be nice on this much needed improvement.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on when this is actually happening? The workaround is mind-numbingly tedious. Cannot understand why this isn't core functionality. It is in Xero, which is also the word for how much of our business Intuit is going to be getting if they don't add this soon...

Careful Anonymous, QBO sucks in many other areas! I'd expect to see this functionality 2018/2019 with the speed at which they prioritize these things. Moving forward there will be very little future development of the core service. Expect tweaks here and there, mostly to piss you off and make you change how you're accustomed to doing things. They're hell bent on the QBO ecosystem and 3rd party apps providing the extra functionality you may desire. Expect to spend hundreds monthly for your subscription and add-on functionality. Even then it still doesn't compare to Zoho Books + Zoho Inventory.

The lack of this basic feature is a deal-breaker for us...we are currently using different software but would switch to Quickbooks Online if it were available.

• DuaneDuane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would change my life for the best! Please make this expedient!

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent. This is a major requirement not just a nice to have!! Thank you.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this taking so long? This is an essential feature when billing against a purchase order...

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apparently this was released? I don't see the functionality in my QBO.

Also, I am no longer able to convert estimates to purchase orders

Yes, we need a line level ability to receive items against a PO and to close individual items on the PO that will adjust the "Open PO Balance." This is a feature in QB Desktop that can/should translate to QBO nicley. Vendors frequently bill as products ship (as available) and not once all items are received.

I'm happy to see that this is being planned. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this a speedy update! All manufacturing companies require this feature - doing business without it is just too difficult, to the point that we are using an entirely different program for all of our purchases. Needless to say, it is pretty annoying not to be able to do all of our business transactions in on spot.

Hopefully, it will extend to printing only products that are being delivered or picked up from an invoice.
        Now, when you print a packing slip, it shows everything, we would like to only print what is being shipped or picked up on the packing slip.

Judging by the past performance of addressing our issues in this feedback forum, the current state of other "planned" or "started" topics, I would expect it will be a very long time before we see this feature as a true function of QBO. It's really pretty sad when your much smaller competition has out developed you and delivers a much more comprehensive accounting system. Sadly, we're too wrapped up in QBO at this point to leave right now.

You do realize that this is a feature of QB Desktop, right? And that this topic (there have been others just like it) is now almost 1 year old. It took almost 1 YEAR to get a response from Intuit...

I just want to bang my head against the nearest wall sometimes dealing with this SaaS.

On the desktop version, PO's are partially rec'd. Why not in the online version!!

I agree with the other customers - we need to have the option to mark a PO as partially received. It almost NEVER happens that we order x parts and receive x parts - the quantity is constantly being revised and I need to reflect this in our files! Please add this feature!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base