I suggest you ...

This additional verification thing is terrible

I am telling you right now: If you keep asking me for a 6 digit confirmation code every time I log into quickbooks online I am changing products on January 1. Half the time I don't even get the code/email. It takes me on average 15 minutes every time I want to log in, waiting for the code. If Intuit can't secure its software without this additional burden on a small business it doesn't deserve my support. Please note and thank you.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    getman.lawgetman.law shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ZachZach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Implement a way to able to opt OUT of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Quickbooks online Singapore too! We have a community discussion here that hates this feature and needs a option to disable it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I would like to be able to opt OUT of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) system. It triggers WAY too often!!!! Or fix it to remember which devices have already been authenticated and not ask it again.

I need to allow certain managers access to certain class based reports. Most importantly, I want them to see certain accounts, but not others.

• BeckyBecky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!! My son in law runs an automobile glass business, and I keep the books. He is ALWAYS in a different location, so this verification code crap is annoying!!!! LET US decide if we want it on or off!!! Or at LEAST verify our devices ONCE----then NO MORE!!!!! ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AprilApril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm usually pretty patient, but I'm at my wits end with QBO. I agree with the other comments and on top of it, I wasted a lot of time today on another technical problem in QBO and was told clear my cache and history which started a new round of verification in which I was asked to pick the pictures that had palm trees or bodies of water, etc. Got locked out. Then I had to pick a new password which had different parameters than my old password. Makes me think that may have been the problem all along. Why couldn't you just tell me that my password was outdated instead of making me feel stupid for not being able to figure out which pictures had palm trees? I appreciate that you are trying to keep us safe, but there has to be a better way.

• ChristyChristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

You can now use your mobile number to verify your account and the 6 digit pin will be sent to your mobile number.

• hollyholly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

drives me nuts! the entire reason we switched to QB online was so that I could access from our other locations - add a code there, get back to my office add another code...good grief!!!

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to charge Intuit for my wasted time waiting for the code?

Agreed! This causes major delays in our business and forces us to ask busy customers to wait. I have complained repeatedly about this!

• Andrew FlanaganAndrew Flanagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES. Spent hours on the phone today with them because ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Got nowhere. So now I'm going on a social media rampage.

Feedback and Knowledge Base