I suggest you ...

Ability to Limit User Access by Account

I have users who only need to have access to one of our bank accounts. I can't give them permission without them seeing all accounts.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JamieJamie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I need this settings for user to access to specific bank account(s).

• Bryson McCloughenBryson McCloughen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a similar situation. I have a real estate business in multiple states. My property manager needs access to the accounts specific for the properties they manage. They do not need access to all the accounts. Adding in an account access option for standard Users would be EXTREMELY beneficial from a privacy and security standpoint!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We switched to QB Online so I could set up a user to handle the credit card expenses, along with reconciliation of the CC. However, cannot do that without giving them rights to expenses which also shows the checking account activity. They also cannot download the transactions from the credit card or reconcile that account unless they have Company Admin rights. Highly disappointed that a user's access cannot be limited to particular account(s). Defeats one of the reasons why we switched, as we expected more control over user rights.

• ericeric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to make more robust sharing available. Namely, I need my staff to be able to generate invoices while restricting access to our checking accounts. Or have the option to have access to certain bank accounts, like funds held in trust.

• n_osson_osso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Limit accounts that additional users can access.
        (i.e) My QB online has 12 bank accounts, I have a bookkeeper that works on 3 accounts.
        Right now my bookkeeper needs access to both vendors and customers in the accounts in which they work with, but i do not want them to have access to the additional 9 accounts.
        Is it possible to limit a users access to selected accounts. In this case, grant access to (accounts 1,2, & 3) and block, hide, or restrict them from (accounts 4-12).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Limit Users access:
        Have more flexibility in limiting users access to the different bank account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base