Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anna.jacobsvtanna.jacobsvt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  QuickBooks CareAdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

On behalf of QuickBooks Online, we would like to thank you for all of the feedback surrounding the ability to convert an estimate to a purchase order. We have listened to the feedback and the feature is now live in the product.

To turn on the feature:
    Gear Icon > Account and Settings
    Expenses > Purchase Orders
    Check the box for “Copy estimates to purchase orders”
    Save > Done

Please feel free to provide any additional feedback in regards to this feature. We appreciate your time!

Amber
    QuickBooks Online

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WJFinnWJFinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long will it take to fix this feature that you claim is complete? It is NOT complete as it is now unusable.

• Bill FinnBill Finn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amber,

This feature should not be marked as complete - there are two bugs. First, description field entered on the estimate does not populate on PO and second, there are no vendor names listed in the drop-down for ship to field

• AntonAnton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just moved to QBO from Desktop for Mac. When copying Estimate to Purchase Order, is it essential that the description field is also copied (as with copy to Invoice). Without this feature, copying to PO is useless. Please address. Have been a happy QB user for 10 years, but this is a necessity. Thanks!

• Stanley QuayleStanley Quayle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see this: Check the box for “Copy estimates to purchase orders”

Would love to be able to do this!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot see how to carry forward the description of each line item - like how it does with the COPY TO INVOICE. right now only the accounts carry over, with blank description/copy on each line. Please make it work the same was as 'copy to invoice'

Also, not would be nice to have a feature where you can choose whose name the email is sent from when the PO is emailed. In our company we have one person who sends estimates, and another person who issues PO's, and each person requires confirmation or approval of estimates/PO's. This would definitely be a handy feature.

• LeanneLeanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Carry over of custom fields from quotes/invoices to the purchase order would be great but the most important for me is being able to use a custom template.

• SaraSara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turn estimates into invoice and PO - Please!!!!

Subcontracters make up a large part of my team. Being able to turn an estimat into an invoice is obviously essential but so is turning that same data into a PO for the sub contracters. This currently takes an age as im duplicating all my work.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful and is included in the pro desktop versions.

• robin@rtitusdesigns.comrobin@rtitusdesigns.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible to turn an estimate or partial items from estimate into purchase orders. you can do this on the desktop version and it is killing me you can't online version.
        thanks

• Justin JohnsonJustin Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make PO's able to be created from estimates or invoices.
        Make customers column show up on reports and the "recent transactions list" when looking at purchase orders.

• LouLou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. What year is it??? Why should an online program bring you back to before terminals were invented. There is also no way to track the Purchase Order number to the estimate number. I have to type the estimate number in the notes field of the Purchase Order and the Purchase Order number in the notes field of the Estimate. Forget to do this and it becomes an egg hunt to find who the material was purchased from. When adding this feature in 2020 :) please add the capability of tracking the estimate to the purchase order.

Thank You.

VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE REQUEST IF YOU AGREE - DONT CREATE A NEW FEATURE REQUEST FOR SAME IDEA. QuickBooks staff, please note, I found about 30 separate requests for this feature, I have added my vote to the one with the most support.

I agree, the ability to COPY or CONVERT Customer Estimates to Supplier Purchase Orders would be very useful.

We don't hold stock, we buy it as customer wants it:

- Customer requests price for a specific item
        - We create an Estimate
        - Customer accepts Estimate
        - We MANUALLY replicate the estimate into a PO
        - We email PO to our supplier to order the items
        - Once stock arrives:
        - We convert PO to a Bill (automatically), stock is automatically added to our inventory
        - Bill is converted (automatically) to Customer Invoice or Reciept
        - Customer receives their items and pays

At the moment I have a lot of extra work manually copying every estimate (I have 5 sales staff each making multiple sales daily).

I think this feature would be simple to add as it is already possible to convert an Estimate to Invoice or PO to Bill or items received on a Bill to Customer Invoice and this option to convert Estimate to PO is available in some versions of QuickBooks desktop (QB Premium for sure) and I would love to see it in QuickBooks Online.

Lots of other users agree but sadly instead of voting for this feature request keep creating new request.

I agree, the ability to copy or convert estimates to PO would be very useful. We work similarly to the company above. We don't hold stock so when a customer accepts an estimate we have to replicate the estimate into a PO and send it to our supplier to order the items.

VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE REQUEST IF YOU AGREE - DONT CREATE A NEW FEATURE REQUEST FOR SAME IDEA

This option is available in some versions of QuickBooks desktop (premium for sure) and I would love to see it in QuickBooks Online.

Lots of other users agree but sadly instead of voting for this feature request keep creating new request.

I agree. This feature exists in some versions of QuickBook Desktop and is critical to function of my company
        - create estimate
        - customer agrees estimate
        - create PO
        - send PO to my supplier
        - receive stock from supplier
        - sell stock to customer
        - create invoice/receipt.

I have to manually recreate every purchase order and it is very big waste of my time.

Without this feature, I will purchase a different software rather than moving to QuickBooks Online!

I don't understand how this in not a standard operation! The way we work is create a my sales team create customer estimate. Once the customer agrees to this estimate I simply convert it to a Purchase order and email it to my supplier (on QuickBooks Premium).

It seems that this is not possible on QuickBooks online. As my 5 man sales team convert multiple estimates daily, I will have to manually copy every estimate to a purchase order. This is bizarre! It is a seemingly a simple feature to add.

• Tanner HogueTanner Hogue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking a estimate and turning the purchase area into a PO. Also Products and Serivces does not accurately fit the text boxt etc.

• Justin AnderaJustin Andera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copy customer estimates to Vendor Purchase order.

We buy what we sell and keep no inventory. So, if I have a customer estimate or order for varying quantities of 10 different products, I have have to manually do the the order for the customer (which is expected), but then retype all the same stuff to a vendor PO so we can have it ordered.

• Kelley LawrenceKelley Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was curious. If you look at my business I would think that I am the middle man.

I know it is possible to create an estimate or sales order with your product. But what I want to know is that, if my customer approves the order I want to be able to create a purchase order to my vendor for that exact estimate or sales order without having to re-input everything? Please advise.

Thank you

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base