QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Welcome to the QuickBooks Online Feature Requests forum. Please look through the submitted requests and vote or create your own suggestion that others can vote on. Make sure to give us plenty of detail so we can better understand the problem. It is not guaranteed that any suggestions will make it into the product, but it will help us identify the features you want most.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More options to customize invoice and sales form templates

Customize invoice and sales form template top suggestions:

Add custom fields on sales forms with filter options on reports
    Allow font size to be changed
    Add ability to import custom templates from QuickBooks Desktop
    Custom width and height sizing of columns and rows
    Increase character limit in sales form fields
    Modify logo appearance on forms
    Full visual edit and customization options for creating sales forms

6,213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      906 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice…

• Job Costing and Job Project Tracking

Have Job Cost or Project Cost or tracking function within Quickbooks Online.

5,153 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        728 comments  ·  Customer Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Welcome to QuickBooks Projects! Projects help you organize all the pieces that make up a project, including transactions, time, and running reports so you always know how your project’s doing. This feature is currently only for QuickBooks Online Plus in Canada, UK, United States and Australia.

Please see this article for more information about projects:
        https://community.intuit.com/articles/1549960

This is just the beginning for Projects, and we’d love your feedback. You’ll see a feedback button in your project. Tell us how it’s going and what we can do to make Projects better.

• More search options in customer center.

It would be nice to be able to search for the customer by any info that is provided. My technicians do not always know customer names as they do not make contact with the clients, so it is much easier for them to just give me an address. It would be nice to be able to start typing in part of an address and have options come up. Otherwise I have to run a full report and then go through 100+ clients to see whose name belongs to whose address.

543 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          65 comments  ·  Customer Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Put the reminders list and recurring transactions list on the homepage, or on the toolbar on the left side of the screen. Thanks!

Easy access to recurring transactions and reminders is crucial. This is one feature I consistently used in the desktop version of Quickbooks and would love to see it on the online platform.

502 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            29 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this suggestion!

To address this feedback, we have added a Tasks list on the QuickBooks Online home page. One of the tasks that can show up in this list is for recurring transaction reminders.

When there are recurring transaction reminders pending, there will be a task in the list that will link to the reminders list page.

• SUBTOTAL

It would be extremely awesome if there was a option to have Subtotal Feature on the Estimate and Invoice page to give subtotals on line Items on the Form it self

386 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              started  ·  74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Re-order point notification for inventory items

it will be really helpful in inventory management to have a REORDER point feature where i get a note or reminder to order more inventory once I reach my reorder point that i set for a specific inventory item.

219 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                started  ·  45 comments  ·  Inventory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Create a way to email clients & vendors from within QBOE - especially to follow up on overdue invoices and bounced credit cards

Current system makes it difficult to implement and track collections efforts. If I email somebody about their bounced card, that info only exists in my personal email. I can add a note to the ever growing notes field, but that's an extra step. Would be nice to have a scheme to email clients directly out of QB (using templates if possible) and see that listed by date with other client info - invoices, payments etc. Would be even better if the scheme allowed adding a dated note to the same pile of information

178 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  started  ·  10 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • CIS Tax scheme

The UK construction industry have to operate under the CIS tax scheme - It's a bit like VAT but for tax at source for subcontractors. I currently have to have two dummy bank accounts to manage CIS. Would be great if that could be written into QB. It already does VAT so shouldn't need too much coding!

68 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    22 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Stage 1 & 2 completed and released

Hi all,

We’re releasing in stages and are excited to have launched the ability to create CIS transactions, generate CIS reports but can’t current e-file directly to HMRC. If you would like to switch it on, go to your company settings>Advance>Accounting and you can now switch on CIS.

This is how to use it in QuickBooks-

• If you’re a contractor, create your subbies as suppliers in QuickBooks. Enter in their Verification number and CIS rate.
                    • If you’re a Sub-contractor, create the contractor who pays you as a Customer. You would have been prompted for your own CIS rate under the settings page.

Some additional guidance here on what QuickBooks can do with CIS: https://sway.com/aqBYhCz7STBn5XmB

Stage 3 is the ability to file and automatically send out payment & deduction statements which is coming over the next few months

Thanks team,

• export reports to excel

when exporting some reports to excel we get numbers in the amount and balance columns that come over as "number stored as text" this didnt happen up until last friday. it doesnt happen on all reports and no troubleshooting we have done fixes this. I cant apply formulas to the reports that show up like this so it is a real hindrance for me to have them like this.

35 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • We need the ability to alter field sizes. Account name and memo should be fields that can change in size.

Some of us need larger Memo field sizes and some of us need larger account name fields. These need to be sizable! In every interface, whether for journal entries, entering bills, entering invoices.

30 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • UTF-8

We have many foreign customers who's names and item descriptions use characters that are not supported. We would like to be able to send them invoices with with their names & addresses written correctly and also any text written correctly. UTF-8

26 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          started  ·  1 comment  ·  Global  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Jump to Page Number on registers instead of going page by page

The ability to jump to a page number (1 of 10, etc.) instead of paging through one at a time.

22 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow sorting in the "make deposits" screen

In the desktop version I can sort and filter my deposits by date or payment type or amount. We need that in the on-line version.

21 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              started  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Save vs. Save & Close

Provide ability to Save the invoice/quote you are working on without being thrown out of the transaction all together. Provide an button to save your work and another option to save & close.

18 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                3 comments  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Move the "PRINT" button above the browser scroll. Very poorly designed. Have to scroll down to print with every invoice.

Move above the browser scroll. No other website, browser of software has the "print" button below the scroll.
                                See attached suggestion.

16 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  UI Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • statements

Please add the ability to create a customer statement when viewing the customer record detail. This was possible on the previous version....which I like much better!

15 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • In the customer center, please include deposits as one of the transactions that show up under all transactions.

In the customer center, please include deposits as one of the transactions that show up under all transactions. Deposits show up in the customer in quickbooks for desktop.

If you enter a deposit on an invoice it shows up under Money Received.

If a deposit is entered under bank deposit and associated with a customer please also include these transactions under the customer center.

13 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Customer Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow the option of customizing the e-mail to each client...

without having to go into the income list! This is a 'duh' and request that many users have been requesting for some time.

10 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Sales Transaction  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Easy way to copy an existing invoice or bill; suggest this option be a button when viewing an existing invoice or bill.

Easy way to copy an existing invoice or bill; suggest this option be a button when viewing an existing invoice or bill.

It could work like:

1. Find an existing invoice or bill.
                                        2. Click the invoice or bill to view it.
                                        3. One of hte button options at the bottom of the invoice/bill would be "Copy".
                                        4. Clicking the button would create a copy that could then be edited and saved

9 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Introduce Charities SOFA Accounts based on SORP 2015 (UK)

Please consider developing SOFA Accounts based on SORP 2015 for UK based charities. This shouldn't be something hard to achieve as all the information will be pulled from ledgers.

http://www.charitiessorp.org

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right now you can access the SOFA report in QBO.

Here is a link to see how: https://sway.com/JhEBIG0xXliHvY6W

What is coming in the near future for QBO SOFA report – currently you have to manually create locations as ‘funds’ and then customise the SOFA report to show ‘locations’ under ‘columns’. We will enhance this experience by doing this all for you as a default with you just renaming the location as a particular fund you’re using.

Thanks,

QuickBooks UK team

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base