QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Welcome to the QuickBooks Online Feature Requests forum. Please look through the submitted requests and vote or create your own suggestion that others can vote on. Make sure to give us plenty of detail so we can better understand the problem. It is not guaranteed that any suggestions will make it into the product, but it will help us identify the features you want most.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Variables in Recurring Transactions

Would like to have a way to add a variable in item descriptions, especially in recurring invoices, to automate monthy or quarterly recurring invoices. Something in the nature of "Service for the month of %MONTH%" so the generated invoice would have the name of "January" or such in the month the invoice is generated for.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      38 comments  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I do once a month recurring billing using recurring invoices, there are up to 100 invoices that are done at a time

I do once a month billing using recurring invoices, there are up to 100 invoices that are done at a time. Can the description field (or other field) on those recurring invoices be mass updated to include the new month/year that the billing is for? I currently refer the customers to the date of the invoice but they find it confusing.

26 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Recurring template updates

Be able to make recurring invoices with part of the description updating each new invoice. Example- adding dates in the description and the recurring invoices changes this automatically from June to July or 2015 to 2016...

25 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Automate Next date on reminder recurring transactions

When you use a memorised transaction using the "Use" button, I then have to go back into the Template to adjust the new next date manually! Why do you have this antiquated option because it is available in your Quick books 2008, 2012. and 2015.

18 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow users to add in a Placeholder for recurring transactions.

I invoice clients in some cases weekly or monthly and it would be nice to create a recurring transaction that used place holders. for example if a invoice was generated in October, it would be useful to have "for the month of October" as the first line of the invoice but having this changed automatically so if the invoice was created in November, the month would change automatically without any manual editing.

16 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Automated Recurring Invoices - ACH/Credit Card Payment

When you have a recurring invoice which includes the ability to add unbilled charges, select whether a customer can pay online via credit card or check we would like to add additional functionality that is currently contained in the recurring sales receipt function.

In particular the ability to autopay the invoice with the customers onfile payment method, either Credit Card or ACH.

From a workflow perspective this would allow for a recurring invoice, to include unbilled charges to be generated, then have it paid then send the customer a "paid" invoice without having to actually do any of those steps.

14 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Show the Recurring Templates on the Transaction Page

I really need to be able to see the recurring template for each customer on the same page and the rest of the transactions instead of having to filter each time.

I would like to be able to have a permanent spot at the top of the transaction page so you can instantly see if there is a anything schedule without having to change screeens

12 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Ability to embed name of month in recurring invoices description

This is what we need for recurring invoices : The ability to embed the current month (or current month +1 or +2 etc) in a recurring transaction invoice where the invoice is sent out in advance like a monthly rental or subscription. So it would read "Monthly Office Rent : October"

11 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Automated, Bulk Statements

Ability to send statements to multiple customers on an automated basis. It seems you can't send bulk statements until you've sent individual statements (according to the conversation I had to today with a support agent). There is also apparently no recurring option for statements. With hundreds of customers, the process of manually sending statements in order to be able to bulk send statement seems inefficient. Then to not have that be an automated process going forward compounds the problem.

10 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Sales Receipts - Declined CC

A report or error log on recurring sales receipts that the credit card doesn't go thru. Right now if you look the system shows as if you got paid on sales receipts unless you open sales receipts then it shows you have a rejected merchant issue.

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Recurring Purchase Orders Options

I would like for the recurring purchase orders to have multiple options such as Automatically send emails, dont send email, or send emails when I want. I have been using Quickbooks Online for a couple of years and noticed that my Purchase Orders are now sending out automatically. They did not before and i'm sure this is not the first time you have heard about the update being flawed. PLEASE UPDATE ASAP!!!!!!

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Find-and-replace for updating JE's

It would be very useful to have a way to change all of the memo's simultaneously on a Journal Entry.

Eg 08.2015 or Aug 2015, just tell Quickbooks to find and replace "08" with "09" or "Aug" With "Sep".

Thanks

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Automated Recurring Reminders - Past Due Sales Invoice

Sales Past Due Statements / Reminders - Automated.

Configure a time based trigger when automated past due notices are sent.

The notices should include the summary of the invoices that are past due, the amount past due per invoice and the total past due.

If electronic billing is enabled, then the ability to pay the invoice using the approved method ACH and/or CC.

It should be integrated into the existing online invoice system that is offered which allows logon, saved payment method and the view of prior invoices. This should be leveraged for this function. So that when the "email"…

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • batch print recurring invoices

been using qb for 20 years hate what you've done to it

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • batch invoice

It would be good if you could batch invoice every client you have on the list. We are a fraternity and nearly all members are charged the same amount every year. This seems silly that I have to go through all members one-by-one and do an invoice EVERY year. This needs to be a default action. I might as well go back to MS word and MS excel if this is going to be the option.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • macros for adding date into description of product/service in invoices

I need macroses for adding date into description of product/service in invoices created from reminders (in QuickBooks Online) - for example, I have service Complete cleaning and it's description Weekly service - but I need to change it to Weekly service 12/01/2015 - 12/31/2015 for examle, I need macros like this: Weekly service (1st day of current month) - (last day of current month), and these dates will change every month into the current dates, also I need (1st day of previous month) - (last day of previous month) and (15th of previous month) - (14th of current month) and…

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Recurring Transactions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • give the ability to email clients ahead of time about a recurring charge that will happen soon.

Would love to see the ability to send a client an email 2-3 days before a recurring charge hits as a reminder that it is going to happen. For clients that are billed annually it is easy for them to forget that a charge is coming.

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Quarterly Recurring Transaction

Could it be possible to add the option of quarterly when setting up a recurring template?

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • For more than two years, we have had problems, with the recurring templates, which is to NOT have to do anything. I am constantly being p

For over two years, we (along with others) have had problems with recurring transactions. The point of recurring templates is to NOT have to do anything. I am constantly being peppered by customers to have a service date present (even though I tell them it's the date on the invoice).

Please resolve this date issue on recurring transactions.

Thanks!

PS - I spoke to Alan on 10/29/15 re: this issue

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • recurring invoice #'s

Aallow for customized invoice numbers to move forward in the recurring transactions templates.

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                          • Don't see your idea?

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base